Apply for a Blue Badge
Life Centres & Libraries
Wigan Life Centre and Leigh Life Centre and Wigan and Leigh town centre libraries are open between 10am and 2pm on weekdays.
All Community Libraries (apart from Tyldesley and Lamberhead) are open between 10am and 2pm Monday to Wednesday, and between 1pm and 5pm Thursday and Friday. For more information please visit Libraries (wigan.gov.uk)
Please keep checking our life centre and library pages for the latest information.
Before you start
What you'll need
To begin your application you will need:
- An email address, as we will use this to communicate with you concerning your application
- Your National Insurance number
- The details of your current Blue Badge (if you have one)
- A recent digital photo showing the applicant's head and shoulders
- To make an online payment of £10.00 using a debit or credit card
You may also need a photo or scan of:
- proof of identity (such as a birth certificate, passport or driving licence)
- proof of address (such as a utility bill or government letter)
- proof of benefit (if applicable)
- additional medical information in support of your application (if applicable)
Visit Wigan Life Centre or Leigh Life Centre
If you cannot upload documents, you can choose this option.
You will need to visit Wigan Life Centre or Leigh Life Centre to have your photo taken and show your evidence.
Load an Existing Application