Apply for a Blue Badge
Wigan Life Centre and Leigh Life Centre are open Monday to Friday 10am-2pm. Community Life Centre’s are currently closed.
The following branches remain open:
- Wigan and Leigh town centre libraries are open between 10am and 2pm on weekdays.
- Ashton Library will be open 10am to 2pm Monday to Wednesdays, 1pm to 5pm on Thursday and Fridays.
The remainder of the library buildings will be temporarily closed to the public.
Please keep checking our life centre and library pages for the latest information.
We're aware of the impact coronavirus is having on our residents. If you're self-isolating, need help and have no one to turn to, please complete the self-isolation welfare support form or call 01942 489018.
Before you start
What you'll need
To begin your application you will need:
- An email address, as we will use this to communicate with you concerning your application
- Your National Insurance number
- The details of your current Blue Badge (if you have one)
- A recent digital photo showing the applicant's head and shoulders
- To make an online payment of £10.00 using a debit or credit card
You may also need a photo or scan of:
- proof of identity (such as a birth certificate, passport or driving licence)
- proof of address (such as a utility bill or government letter)
- proof of benefit (if applicable)
- additional medical information in support of your application (if applicable)
Visit Wigan Life Centre or Leigh Life Centre
If you cannot upload documents, you can choose this option.
You will need to visit Wigan Life Centre or Leigh Life Centre to have your photo taken and show your evidence.
Load an Existing Application