Application for travel assistance for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEN & D)

Before you start

To begin your application you will need:

  • An email address, as we will use this to communicate with you concerning your application.
  • To be able to upload a scanned copy of your child's Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP), or if your child is moving from Early Years to Reception, a scanned copy of your child's school placement offer letter.
  • To be able to upload a scanned copy of any additional medical information in support of your application.

Please note that it is the legal responsibility of the parent/carer to ensure their child attends school regularly, including the period during this application process.

If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) they are entitled to a free travel pass for use on public transport. Application forms can be obtained by visiting your local bus station or contacting Transport for Greater Manchester on 0161 244 1000.



Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council